Green Smoothies are getting a lot of attention lately! Smoothies are delicious, yes but what is all the hype about?
Short answer: They are a Health Conscious Choice providing you with the power to resist sugary foods! How?
Healthy Green Smoothies Provide:
- Smoothies provide daily fruit requirements
- Smoothies pack on the protein
- Smoothies are loaded with leafy greens
- Filling fiber is a key part to a healthy smoothie
- Combined smoothies can give you as much as 9 servings of fruit and veggies in a single.
How to Make a Green Smoothie: A Quick Recipe from Fit Foodie Finds
- 1 cup frozen fruit (banana, mixed berries, tropical mix)
- 1 cup of fresh greens (spinach, kale, or arugula)
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk (almond, soy, coconut, cows, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground seeds (flax, chia, etc.)
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. We recommend starting with 1/2 cup of milk and going up from there depending on how thick you like your smoothies.
- Our favorite frozen fruit to use for green smoothies is banana because they’re sweeter than the average fruit and add a delightful flavor. We also recommend mango, raspberry and strawberry.
Along with your daily green smoothie, make sure you are adding these key points to your daily eating habits:
Tip #1: Get Protein With Every Meal
Eating healthy proteins with your meal helps balance your blood sugar, so you don’t get the dips and spikes that cause sugar cravings.
Plus, healthy protein helps keep you feeling fuller longer—making that bag of M & M’s easier to resist later in the day.
Tip #2: Sleep More, or deeper
We live in a nation of sleep-deprived zombies. Is it such a coincidence that we are also chronically overweight? No, it is not.
When you don’t get enough sleep, the hormones that regulate your appetite are suppressed, which means your body has a hard time reading hunger signals.
Tip #3 – Fight Off Sugar Cravings
Ask yourself these few questions before you reach for that sugary snack: Am I thirty? Am I tired? Have I had enough fiber today? Am I stressed out or bored?
Think of how you can relieve any of these symptoms first, to beat that sugar craving!